Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell, and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
Big Data, cloud computing and machine learning technologies are driving a lot of innovation in this space. We seek to continue building the next generation of data platforms capable of generating real-time insights and personalization for our consumers. As a Senior Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for building teams and a variety of data platform capabilities.
We value Engineering Leaders who have:
- Proven technical leadership in developing highly scalable streaming and real-time big data systems.
- A demonstrated passion for data engineering at scale and empowering organizations through data.
- Experience managing cloud infrastructure.
- A proven track record of hiring and building high performance teams; passionate about developing team members through coaching & mentoring.
- An operational mindset with experience building highly performant 24X7 production systems.
- Extensive experience with A/B experimentation and data/metric-driven product development.
- Been actively involved in setting data product strategy.
- Bonus: Direct experience in building large-scale consumer data products and ML platforms.
- Prior experience with AWS preferred.
- 4+ years of hands-on technical management experience.
- 8+ years of relevant engineering work experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.