Cars.com is seeking a Business Intelligence developer with skills to design and develop dashboard capabilities. The candidate will collaborate with business users and application teams across the Cars.com organization to build consensus and promote adoption of solutions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving using SQL.
- Knowledge and experience in various reporting platforms and their advanced functionality.
- Experience with data modeling concepts. Experience working with Dimensional Models to include Star and Snowflake schemas.
- Good communication skills and ability to work independently and as a part of the team.
- Build complex queries on large data sets and performance tune as needed
- Translate business needs into data visualizations
- Collaborate with data platform teams
- Foster self-service analytic environment by providing domain and tool expertise
- Perform root cause analysis on reporting and data issues
- Ability to self-motivate, set goals, prioritizes and meet deadlines
- Ability to partner with internal and external peer groups to design and implement solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Create technical documentation
- 2-3 years in SQL programming
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI or QuickSight
- Ability to work with large databases in Cloud environments
- Solid understanding of Data Warehousing concepts and technologies
- Ability to communicate with internal and external teams both verbally and written
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field