Cars.com Sales Operations is looking for a Senior Sales Reporting Analyst to join a team tasked with transforming the business revolutionizing the way our company displays its performance metrics to internal customer. This position will be responsible for partnering with business stakeholders to measure our business and communicate the data and trends. Critical thinking and data display optimization skills are a must. A candidate must be a highly motivated, positive, organized self-starter who can work well with a variety of tasks and adapt quickly to different business needs and projects. This individual will interact with all levels of sales and management.
Additionally, the Senior Sales Analyst will be responsible for providing reports, dashboards and analysis that are immediately actionable by the sales team, guiding them with them the information they need to positively impact Cars.com’s bottom line. The Cars.com Senior Sales Analyst must be accountable, detail oriented, and able to deliver accurate and professional analysis, reports, presentations, and communications on time.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own and lead the design and delivery of the leading indicator activities and measurement to be implemented, measured and coached to by all levels of Sales Leadership.
- Develop tools and systems for ongoing measurement and socialization of results.
- Run, interpret, and share sales performance results with business partners throughout the organization; this may include standardized reports on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis from a variety of inputs using multiple output methods (Excel, Word, PPT, SalesForce, BIOD, BOXI, Tableau among others)
- Be a trusted advisor to the business. Provide recommendations to the business by interpreting disparate data and translating ad hoc requirements/requests to consistently deliver relevant and impactful results
- Provide proactive value-added analysis with actionable insights and solutions to key business leaders.
- Coach and model exemplary behavior for fellow team members; serve as management proxy; champion success of team members
- Ensure rigorous quality control over data, analyses and metrics through processes and procedures.
- Responsible for reporting accuracy and timeliness, adherence to deadlines, identifying flaws and errors in the data and any upstream data issues.
- Maintain an enterprise-wide viewpoint; understand and improve the team’s ability to drive positive impact throughout the company as a whole
- Develop a detailed working knowledge of all team projects and priorities; serve as backup for any teammate
- Critical thinker; can determine the best way to structure data, measure and display performance metrics
- Ability to employ advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel to create complex, high-level reporting models from concept to completion; Excel Macro/VBA writing & editing skills a strong plus
- Tableau skill strongly preferred
- Salesforce.com knowledge a strong plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; track record of presenting data-heavy information in clear and concise manner to all levels of the organization
- Comfortable with, and adaptive to, change
- Track record of making proactive and positive recommendations to business leaders on ways to improve data display and consumption
- Minimum three years analysis & reporting experience
- Beginning to intermediate experience with statistical computing software such as R preferred
- Experience creating and delivering reporting analysis on tight deadlines
- Multiple examples of strong presentation skills including verbal presentation, PowerPoint creation and formal written documents
- History of continuous professional education and growth
- 4 year college degree in a quantitative field required, business background preferred