As the leader of Information Security, this Director reports to the Chief Legal Officer. The role is responsible for defining and driving Cars.com’s Information Security program. Responsibilities include day to day management of the security team, assessing and addressing Information Security compliance requirements, working with executive leadership to establish support for the Information Security program, working with peers to coordinate initiatives, and managing any needed third-party services.
Information Security Governance Tasks:
- Develop an information security strategy aligned with business goals and objectives.
- Align information security strategy with corporate governance.
- Develop a business case justifying investment in information security.
- Identify current and potential legal and regulatory requirements affecting information security.
- Identify drivers affecting the organization (e.g., technology, business environment, risk tolerance, geographic location) and their impact on information security.
- Obtain senior management commitment to information security.
- Define roles and responsibilities for information security throughout the organization.
- Establish internal and external reporting and communication channels that support information security.
Risk Management Tasks:
- Establish a process for information asset classification and ownership.
- Implement a systemic and structured information risk assessment process.
- Ensure that business impact assessments are conducted periodically.
- Ensure that threat and vulnerability evaluations are performed on an ongoing basis.
- Identify and periodically evaluate information security controls and countermeasures to mitigate risk to acceptable levels.
- Integrate risk, threat and vulnerability identification and management into life cycle processes (e.g., development and procurement).
- Report significant changes in information risk to appropriate levels of management for acceptance on both a periodic and an event-driven basis.
Information Security Program Development Tasks:
- Develop and maintain plans to implement the information security strategy.
- Specify the activities to be performed within the information security program.
- Ensure alignment between the information security program and other assurance functions (e.g., physical, human resources, quality, IT).
- Identify internal and external resources (e.g., finances, people, equipment, systems) required to execute the security program.
- Ensure the development of information security architectures (e.g., people, processes, technology).
- Establish, communicate and maintain information security policies that support the security strategy.
- Design and develop a program for information security awareness, training, and education.
- Ensure the development, communication, and maintenance of standards, procedures and other documentation (e.g., guidelines, baselines, codes of conduct) that support information security policies.
- Integrate information security requirements into the organization’s processes (e.g., change control, mergers, and acquisitions) and life cycle activities (e.g., development, employment, procurement).
- Develop a process to integrate information security controls into contracts (e.g., with joint ventures, outsourced providers, business partners, customers, third parties).
- Establish metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of the information security program.
Information Security Program Management Tasks:
- Manage internal and external resources (e.g., finances, people, equipment, systems) required to execute the information security program.
- Ensure that processes and procedures are performed in compliance with the organization’s information security policies and standards.
- Ensure the performance of contractually agreed (e.g., with joint ventures, outsourced providers, business partners, customers, third parties) information security controls.
- Ensure that information security is an integral part of the systems development processes and acquisition processes.
- Ensure that information security is maintained throughout the organization’s processes (e.g., change control, mergers, and acquisitions) and life cycle activities.
- Provide information security advice and guidance (e.g., risk analysis, control selection) in the organization.
- Provide information security awareness, training and education (e.g., business process owners, users, information technology) to stakeholders.
- Monitor, measure, test and report on the effectiveness and efficiency of information security controls and compliance with information security policies.
- Ensure that noncompliance issues and other variances are resolved in a timely manner.
Incident Management & Response Tasks:
- Develop and implement processes for preventing, detecting, identifying, analyzing and responding to information security incidents.
- Establish escalation and communication processes and lines of authority.
- Develop plans to respond to and document information security incidents.
- Establish the capability to investigate information security incidents (e.g., forensics, evidence collection, and preservation, log analysis, interviewing).
- Develop a process to communicate with internal parties and external organizations (e.g., media, law enforcement, customers).
- Integrate information security incident response plans with the organization’s disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Organize, train and equip teams to respond to information security incidents.
- Periodically test and refine information security incident response plans.
- Manage the response to information security incidents.
- Conduct reviews to identify causes of information security incidents, develop corrective actions and reassess risk.
- BS in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, or related discipline
- 7-10 years’ experience in information security operations
- 3-5 years’ experience in information security leadership
- Experience with security management frameworks such as ISO 27001-2, NIST, GLBA, GDPR, Sox
- Very good familiarity with Application Development Security in a Cloud environment.
- Ability to perform Risk Assessments
- Experience with Application Security in a Cloud Environment (Elixir)
- Understanding of the security threat landscape
- Ability to interface with senior management
- Strong leadership, motivation and change management skills required
- Experience managing others
- Project management skills must be highly developed.
- Must be able to provide a balance of strategic ability and hands-on tactical execution.
- Consensus builder, with results oriented commitment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills (English)
- Ability to drive quality in every aspect of the job function
- CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- SSCP – Systems Security Certified Practitioner
- MS in Computer Science