CARS is looking for a passionate, collaborative, forward-thinking SEM Manager to join us as we grow and thrive in the next stage of our evolution.
The primary responsibility of the SEM Manager will be ownership of the CARS paid search programs and developing a best-in-class approach that better incorporates business intelligence to inform marketing decisions. He/she will independently report on, analyze and optimize campaigns to improve program performance.
As part of CARS’ Growth Marketing team, the ideal candidate must possess a keen understanding of the online space with B2C experience and a strong background in pay-per-click (PPC) management. He/she must possess strong analytical skills with an inherent ability to find trends by analyzing large data sets and superb organizational skills. This role requires the ability to operate on both a strategic and tactical level, touching all aspects of the search marketing road map and communicating strategy and results across the org, including senior leadership.
- Drive rapid growth of CARS businesses using SEM/performance marketing for all websites
- Act as the key business owner for the search engine marketing channel. Execute the business strategy and implement account optimization activities, including but not limited to: keyword development and expansion, ad copy creation, landing page identification, bid strategy execution and budget management
- Collaborate with the data science team to integrate data intelligence/business signals into operations
- Proactively communicate SEM results to management on a weekly basis and conduct quarterly analysis to identify further optimization opportunities
- Elevate the tracking and analysis of data to drive best-in-class results
- Identify opportunities for performance optimization through analysis of KPIs and work closely with Analytics team to formalize empirical analysis
- Build out and implement an iterative testing roadmap that marries extracting learnings from data while efficiently scaling
- Identify trends and insights from data to build on channel best practices. Collaborate with other internal channel owners to leverage trends across paid media platforms
- Drive continued innovation and best practice implementation, regularly sharing knowledge with the marketing team, SEO team, product development/tech teams and senior executives
- Forecast project timelines, resources and budgets needed to support scope of work
This role requires someone who thrives on finding ways to constantly improve the program by looking for new ways to enhance performance.
- Excellent analytical skills for data-driven decision making, deriving and disseminating actionable insights resulting from such analysis
- Sets high goals, geared to organizational objectives that are ambitious but realistic for the candidate and the greater team
- Keen attention to detail, financial responsibility and strong organizational skills
- Strong working knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, charts, vlookup, sumifs) and capacity to learn and work with databases and technical systems, as well as interface with data systems and engineering teams
- Fundamental knowledge and experience with web analytical tools and interfaces (i.e. Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics) preferred
- BS/BA required, concentration in business, economics, computer science or mathematics preferred
- 5-7 years experience with high budget, high volume SEM programs using millions of keywords and thousands of standard and dynamically generated ads
- Strong technical skills highly desired
- A working understanding of Display Media, SEO, Affiliates, Feeds, Mobile, Social and Attribution
- Ability to manage initiatives proactively with minimal supervision, strong problem solving, communication (verbal/written) and time-management skills
- An organized individual with great attention to detail and focus on quality of results