Dealer Inspire, a CARS Inc. company, is hiring!
Dealer Inspire is changing the way car dealerships do business through data. We are assembling a team of engineers and data scientists to help build the next generation distributed computing platform to support data driven analytics and predictive modeling.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join the team and play a critical role in the design and implementation of sophisticated data pipelines and real time analytics streams that serve as the foundation of our data science platform.
- 2-5 year experience as a data engineer designing and supporting data pipelines
- Experience with big data infrastructure to support data science on linux based systems
- Knowledge of the ETL process and patterns of real time data pipelines
- Experience with Apache Spark and Kafka
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge of Python, Java, or Scala
- Ability to allocate work with cloud based AWS resources
- Experience integrating with diverse APIs
- Able to work closely with data scientists on the data demand side
- Able to work closely with domain experts and data source owners on the data supply side
- An ability to build a data pipeline monitoring system with robust, scalable dashboards and alerts for 24/7 operations.
- College degree in a technical area (Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics or Statistics)
- Experience with Apache Kafka, Spark, Ignite and/or other big data tools like Redis and
- Working knowledge of MySQL
- An expert at all things Python, including Jupyter notebooks, Pandas, Conda, and/or Cython
- Experience with node.js and PHP
- Familiarity with common AWS services such as EC2, S3, EBS, Glacier, and RDS
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Experience with big data tools, data pipelines, databases, cloud services, and Python
- Experience with Apache Kafka and Spark streaming
- Willingness to learn new technologies and a whatever-it-takes attitude towards building the best possible data science platform
- Looking to get into data science? This is a great gateway position.
- Enthusiasm and a “get it done” attitude!
- Health Insurance with BCBS, Delta Dental (Orthodontics coverage available), Eye Med Vision
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 13 days paid time off, parental leave, and selected paid holidays
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Subsidized gym membership
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Peer-to-Peer Bonus program
- Work from home Fridays
- Weekly in-office yoga classes
- Fully stocked kitchen and refrigerator
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.