The Senior Financial Accountant is responsible for supporting the Company’s internal and external financial reporting process, including: 1) the Company’s internal reporting process by preparing various financial reporting packages on a monthly and quarterly basis, along with insightful analysis of variances and trends and 2) the Company’s SEC reporting process by preparing financial statements and footnote disclosures in accordance with US GAAP accounting and SEC reporting rules and regulations. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Financial Accounting.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Prepares certain journal entries and account reconciliations related to complex or highly technical accounting areas during the monthly close process.
- Participates in the internal and external financial reporting process, including preparation of the Company's annual reports on Form 10-K, quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and quarterly earnings releases on Form 8-K.
- Drives process improvements, system enhancements and development of analytical tools to support a more streamlined consolidated financial reporting function including better analytics.
- Develop and deliver timely and insightful financial reporting to the Company’s business leaders
- Works with other departments across the Company to ensure the accuracy of the financial statements, as well as providing support on the accounting for certain transactions.
- Responsible for the execution of certain internal controls over financial reporting that are integral to an effectively designed and operating internal control environment in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Works with external and internal auditors to ensure the review and audit processes are efficient and effective.
- Perform other duties and projects, as assigned, to assist the Finance organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership. Includes the ability to explain complex accounting and reporting issues to non-finance coworkers. Must possess a team orientated approach
- High energy, positive, collaborative and approachable work style
- Proven track ability to balance competing priorities and meet deadlines with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the company
- Strong, current technical knowledge of US GAAP accounting and SEC Reporting requirements.
- Understanding of Sarbanes Oxley requirements from a compliance standpoint
- Excellent judgment and proven problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of recent financial reporting or accounting experience
- Strong, current expertise in US GAAP accounting and SEC reporting rules and regulations
- SEC Reporting experience
- Prior public accounting experience in a “Big 4” or “mid-tier” public accounting firm
- Experience in a corporate accounting/reporting role
- PeopleSoft experience