Cars.com is seeking a passionate, data savvy analyst to join the Analytics team and fuel our mission of growth through data-driven insights and opportunity discovery. In this dynamic role you will dive into our web and app clickstream data to uncover opportunities for consumer experience optimization and customer value delivery. You will also enable stakeholders with actionable, insightful measurement & performance reporting. The ideal candidate will have a robust mix of technical and communication skills, with a passion for optimization, data storytelling, and data visualization. You will collaborate with a centralized team of analysts as well as teams across the organization including Product, Marketing, Finance, and senior leadership. This is an exciting opportunity to be a key influencer to the company’s strategic decisions and to learn and grow with our Analytics team.
- Support at least one internal team or business initiative as a dedicated analyst; providing data-driven opportunity recommendations, dashboards, post-release and A/B testing analyses. Collaborate with team members to achieve and measure project success.
- Analyze data using a variety of analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics and Tableau. Synthesize into actionable insights and clearly communicate these recommendations to internal stakeholders.
- Create compelling, intuitive dashboards to enable the business with critical metrics.
- Collaborate with fellow analysts and Product team to create measurement plans and tagging requirements for new site experiences and products.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in a quantitative or business-related field such as statistics, marketing, finance, mathematics, or economics is preferred.
- Professional experience as a data analyst a plus
- Experience with statistical analysis and modelling a plus
- Exposure to digital/web analytics tools and concepts such as Adobe Analytics (preferred) or Google Analytics
- Ability to organize and analyze large, varied sets of data and distill into actionable insights
- Intermediate user of Excel
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau (preferred), Power BI, Looker, Domo, or R-Shiny
- R or Python
- A/B testing tools and concepts such as Optimizely (preferred) or Adobe Target
- A curious mind with a thirst for discovery, answers, and optimization
- Superior work ethic and eagerness to learn, attention to detail, and flexibility to thrive in our dynamic environment
- Active listener with the ability to ask the right questions to understand the business problem and identify the analysis approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate findings with across multiple levels within the organization
- A team player with a positive attitude and enthusiasm for our mission