Cars.com is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated and entrepreneurial product professional to build out a new product line of data-empowered products. We’re committed to helping new car shoppers find the car that is right for them and to helping car sellers find the best deal they can. Cars.com has access to significant quantities of data that provide intelligence that can help auto manufactures and sellers learn, innovate, and develop. We are searching for an individual who can spearhead the creation of products will drive these initiatives forward. The position presents an opportunity for the ideal candidate to lead the creation of a new set of business lines and build a long-term career as a product professional; leading automotive players around the world to leverage what we know about auto shopping. This Product Manager position will be in Cars.com’s Chicago office.
- Develop a vision for OEM, Dealer Group, other customer data products based upon Cars’ data intelligence capabilities.
- Represent the customer—learn what the customer wants, needs, and can use from what is currently available, and make the case for acquiring what we don’t have.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Design and Marketing teams to develop the business cases for these products, and then coordinate construction and execution.
- Work with sales teams to own go-to-market and support commercialization end-to-end.
- Problem-solving: able to determine the root cause of a problem by collecting and analyzing data/research, able to identify a variety of creative solutions, quickly analyze the feasibility and business impact of these solutions.
- Able to start with the consumer. Have a user’s mindset to conceptualize the solutions space, understand needs and wants, and sculpt a vision for a product suite that our customers need.
- Strong business judgement. The ideal candidate will have a nose for value and the ability to build business cases to compel action to solve technical problems.
- User-experience: able to design products and flows that delight customers and help them do their jobs better.
- Project and time management skills: able to juggle many tasks; able to stay focused on the top priorities; able to keep projects on track by identifying and removing obstacles.
- Writing: able to write highly-detailed, unambiguous and complete functional requirements documents; able to write compelling site content.
- Verbal communication: able to lead meetings, convincingly represent ideas and articulate the soundness of the logic behind decisions.
- Knowledge of the automotive industry and an interest in cars is a huge plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA or other Masters Degree is a plus.
- 3-4 years of online product management experience (or equivalent) required.
- Experience with data insight monetization products strongly preferred but not required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.