Launched in 1998, Cars.com is a leading online destination that offers information from experts and consumers to help car shoppers and owners buy, sell and service their vehicles. With more than 30 million monthly visits to its web properties, Cars.com offers millions of new and used vehicle listings, reviews, unbiased editorial content, and a wide range of shopping tools. Despite being a nearly 20-year-old company, Cars.com has maintained its startup culture as a fun, fast-paced environment with highly-engaged employees who are committed to constant innovation. Cars.com’s growing workforce also enjoys a good work/life balance, career stability, strong resources, growth and career development opportunities, health and wellness programs, an attractive compensation and benefits package, work from home options, flex hours and more. Cars.com has been—and will continue to be—a great place to work.
Cars.com is a leader in the automotive digital marketplace. Since 1997, we have built our B2B and B2C brand to preeminent status in the industry. While enjoying great stability, we continue to grow. Our workforce has more than doubled since 2006, and our revenue has increased more than 150% in that same time. Our highly engaged workforce enjoys our dedication to work/life balance, wellness and career growth as well as a rich set of employee programs. We’re big enough to provide abundant resources and small enough for employees to make an immediate impact.
The Account Executive is responsible for developing and consulting clients within his/her market. This is a career position for a person who wants to contribute to the long-term success of a high growth and progressive company. Our business-to-business sales representatives are responsible for selling a value-based online advertising solution for automotive clients. This position will focus on retention and growth of existing accounts, speak with decision makers, analyze their needs, and effectively deliver value-added solutions.
- Develop and aggressively grow sales through relationship development.
- Call on key decision makers and negotiate rates in defined territory.
- Ensure customers have a detailed understanding of our products through a consultative selling approach.
- Ensure current customer satisfaction by responding quickly and accurately to problems, concerns or needs.
- Maintain a high level of customer service through training and customer support.
- Develop relationships with dealers and dealer groups. Leverage these relationships to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Proactively market the company to customers and convey the advantages of our services.
- If requested, manage and monitor all contracts, as well as accounts receivables.
- Collaborate with team members, managers and cross-functional departments when necessary.
- Meet revenue and account retention goals.
- Must live in market area while working out of home office and have a valid driver’s license.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Upbeat and positive demeanor
- Flexible and able to adapt to change in a highly dynamic work environment
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: able to adjust style and messaging based on audience
- Excellent listening skills: able to speak with customers to understand their needs
- Excellent relationship building skills both in-person and over the phone and understand the importance of building internal and external networks to increase personal effectiveness
- Deliver high quality work results on time
- Embrace change with creative and innovative solutions
- Adapt quickly to shifting priorities and assists others in doing so
- Commit to continuous self-development
- PC literacy is necessary including MS Office, Excel and Outlook
- Effectively use CRM software (preferably SalesForce.com) to maintain and plan sales pipeline
- College degree preferred
- 3+ years of solid business-to-business sales experience
- Media sales experience preferred but not required
- Familiar with the market and the community’s dealer base, focusing on franchise dealers, preferred but not required