Cars.com is a leader in the automotive digital marketplace. Since 1997, we have built our B2B and B2C brand to preeminent status in the industry. While enjoying great stability, we continue to grow. Our workforce has more than doubled since 2006, and our revenue has increased more than 150% in that same time. Our highly engaged workforce enjoys our dedication to work/life balance, wellness and career growth as well as a rich set of employee programs. We’re big enough to provide abundant resources and small enough for employees to make an immediate impact.
The BDE is a senior individual contributor role within the Cars.com Direct Field Sales organization. This position is responsible for generating a substantial amount of new revenue in open markets and helping attain regional quarterly SMART goals.
- Develop and aggressively grow sales in designated open market territories
- Create new business relationships that are easily transferred new sales team members
- Set realistic expectations with customers and prospects regarding products purchased
- Attain lofty new business and unit goals in Director Regions
- Perform strategic account planning by identifying opportunities to integrate the company’s products and services with the customer’s business processes
- Mentor new teammates to seamlessly take over established sales pipelines
- Work with markets and Regional Sales Managers (RSMs) to attain SMART goals through planning and in market execution.
- Represent Cars.com at various industry events
- Ensure both customers and prospects have a detailed understanding of the Cars.com products through a consultative selling approach
- Help proactively market the company to customers and convey the advantages of our services
- Ensure continuous self-development through formalized company programs and self-driven research
- Collaborate with team members, managers and cross functional departments when necessary
- Must live in market area while working out of home office and have a valid driver’s license
- Travel within and outside territory, as required
- A demonstrated ability to aggressively exceed high sales goals
- Able to quickly develop rapport and build new client relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a self-motivated environment
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication and relationship building skills both in-person and over the phone
- Expertise with networking and building internal and external networks to increase personal and professional effectiveness
- Able to communicate in a way that demonstrates respect for individual differences and crafts messages based on audience needs
- Capability to adapt both quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities
- Superb organizational skills
- Proactive, results oriented, self-starter
- Outstanding leadership qualities
- Able to quickly assess needs of customers
- College degree preferred
- At least five years of strong business to business sales experience with demonstrated coaching and mentoring competence
- Experience as a Cars.com Digital Media Senior Representative (DMSR) or Digital Media Consultant (DMC) equivalent experience with an Affiliate, for at least two years
- Proven success in a Cars.com sales position in terms of revenue retention and net growth
- Sales experience is a significant revenue market
Looking for a highly motivated sales executive to drive market share and obtain high revenue goals every month. Must be able to travel 85% and have a proven track record of sales success and exhibit the ability to operate in a team environment.