Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
We are looking for a talented and motivated student to be a part of our Accounting Internship program for the Summer.
Our goal is to provide students with a well-rounded, technical experience during the internship to help prepare them for their new career.
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain hands-on experience in the accounting department of an online advertising company
- Prepare and record journal entries during month-end close
- Prepare specific balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly report packages presented to the CEO, CFO, and board members
- Tie-out and review SEC filings such as the 10-Q report
- Support internal and external financial audit requests
- Create process documentation for new and existing processes
- Perform ad hoc reports and analysis for the Assistant Controller, CFO and other members of management as needed
- Knowledge in financial accounting
- Excellent written/verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical ability
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively within a team
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel and Word