Cars Engineering is growing. We are looking for top technologists to join our team for an exciting greenfield development opportunity that will drive our business strategy forward.
In short, this team will be responsible for building out our new platform, from the ground up, using modern technologies, concepts, processes, & ideas.
As part of this team, the work that you do will allow for the successful transformation of Cars.com, a 20-year-old public company, and will ultimately enable our continued innovation & fuel our mission.
- People manager to 4-6 IC Engineers; establish expectations, continually coach, create accountability, provide context; conduct 1:1’s.
- Spend 50% of your time developing web applications and distributed systems using Elixir and the Phoenix framework on AWS.
- Act as Tech Lead for projects and deliverables.
- Act as the SME within our tech stack.
- Be an ambassador of Cars.com's Core Values: Challenge & Collaborate; Start with the Consumer; Be Bold; Build Relationships, Deliver Results; Focus on the Outcome; Stay Open.
Required Skills & Professional Experience:
- Experience designing applications and/or systems; solving business problems with technology.
- Experience developing in the full web stack, including Infrastructure, Data, Backend, and Front-end.
- Experience operating a system at scale.
- Experience managing a team of Engineers.
- Strong people skills.
- Strong project management skills.