Established in 1998, Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
Cars.com is seeking an Editorial Intern (summer) to work on its Research and News teams.
The intern will have the opportunity to:
- Gain firsthand knowledge of online publishing and consumer-focused journalism
- Be part of an editorial team for a major national website
- Conduct industry research with an emphasis on new-car product information
- Write, update and build vehicle reports and stories for site sections
- Pitch and write stories for Cars.com's News section
This is a paid, full-time position (40 hours per week) that generally runs from the beginning of June through the end of August.
- Solid PC and software skills, including Microsoft Office (required) and content management system experience (preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to conduct online and phone-based research and interviews
- Interest in online publishing and/or automotive journalism
- Ability to balance multiple tasks
- Must be a current student; Journalism, New Media, English or other Communications-related majors preferred.