Cars.com is a leader in the automotive digital marketplace. Since 1997, we have built our brand to preeminent status in the industry. While enjoying great stability we continue to grow and innovate. Cars.com offers modern digital products for our consumers and customers using cutting-edge lean-agile techniques. When you are a part of our team you have opportunities, unique in Chicago, to lead and grow.
Our highly-engaged workforce enjoys a challenging job, opportunities to learn, wellness and career growth as well as a rich set of employee programs. We’re big enough to provide abundant resources and small enough for you to make an immediate impact.
Our Program Managers are part of the Transformation Office, which ensures we execute our company strategy. As a Program Manager, you will be highly-visible to all levels across the organization, acting as a thought partner for key leaders and a conduit to keep C-level executives up to date on progress and key decisions needed. You will work on high priority initiatives across all functions, including Product, Technology, Marketing, Sales, covering a large breadth of topics.
Our Transformation Office Program Managers:
- Partner with initiative owners on our most critical priorities to ensure we realize the value at stake.
- Problem solve with initiative owners to address roadblocks and manage risk.
- Focus the initiative owners on the value captured by the initiatives.
- Ensure robust timelines, scope and definition are in place for initiatives.
- Enable rapid resolution of trade-offs and or pivots through direct access to senior company leadership.
- Drive consistent processes and approaches for the execution of our most critical work.
- Create the forums needed for effective decision-making and information sharing.
- Lead the team through identification, communication, and resolution of risks, barriers and resource gaps.
- Help develop our operating framework and methodology materials and then develop and deliver training to support the organization’s adoption of the framework and methodology.
We are looking for Program Managers who:
- Work up, down, and across the organization – are as comfortable and effective with the c-suite as they are with cross-functional development teams.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Display attention to detail in analysis and presentation materials.
- Love to communicate and leap from status reports to presentations in a single bound.
- Can anticipate, mitigate, and resolve conflicts.
- Are adaptable to changing needs of the business maintaining composure and positivity under stress.
- Are self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic and tight deadline environment.
- Comfortably and respectfully challenge status quo thinking and drive accountability within teams.
- Leverage Excel and PowerPoint in fast and productive way.
- Have proven their ability to lead and work through others via strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree; or a combination of relevant education plus 10+ years of professional experience.
- 3-5 years of management consulting experience, with exposure to company-wide transformation programs; or 5+ years Program Management experience in a technology, digital, software or other complex environment.
- Experience working across varying program management methodologies, incorporating elements from Lean and Agile approaches.
- Organizational Change Management experience.
- Process improvement/implementation experience in operations and administration context.
- Experience working with diverse and complex business functions.
- Experience in both the business and technical aspects of product launches or other high impact programs.
- Experience managing programs or projects within a product development environment is preferred.
- Prior management consulting work experience is preferred.