Cars Engineering is growing. We are looking for top technologists to join our team for an exciting greenfield development opportunity that will drive our business strategy forward.
In short, this team will be responsible for building out our new platform, from the ground up, using modern technologies, concepts, processes, & ideas.
As part of this team, the work that you do will allow for the successful transformation of Cars.com, a 20 year old public company, and will ultimately enable our continued innovation & fuel our mission.
- Develop quality, scalable, efficient software using Elixir, Phoenix, AWS.
- Practice good, consistent software development hygiene.
- Provide an educated and constructive voice on Engineering projects.
- Participates in building a collaborative, inclusive, and healthy Engineering culture.
- Work across multi-disciplined teams in Engineering, Design, Product, and the rest of the organization.
- Approach all challenges with a growth mindset; constant learner.
- Actively practice Cars.com's Core Values: challenge & collaborate; start with the consumer; be bold; build relationships, deliver results; focus on the outcome; stay open.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Professional experience with some of the following areas of full web stack development: Infrastructure, Data, Backend, and Front-end.
- Interest in, or experience with, Elixir or similar functional programming language - such as Ruby, Haskell, Lisp, Clojure.
- Familiarity with Ruby and Rails, or Python and Django, can be a plus.
- Interest in, or experience with, building and deploying applications to AWS.
- Interest in, or experience with, operating a production application at scale.