The Salesforce Administrator works in a unique capacity as a subject matter expert/leader for all Salesforce.com features, functions, and best practices. The ideal candidate is positive and solution-oriented while providing excellent customer service. The role also serves as a liaison between Technology and many other departments throughout Cars.com on projects and everyday requests. This individual will also work with vendors on company initiatives and for system support. This individual must be comfortable speaking to a variety of people in varying levels throughout the company.
- Help to administer all data, reports, and enhancements to Salesforce.com for the business and relay best practices to internal and external stakeholders as necessary
- Partner with business stakeholders to identify business challenges and subsequently design and implement solutions based on the customer’s needs
- Maintains an enterprise-wide viewpoint; understands and improves how the output of the team affects the company including systems, business processes, and people
- Have a holistic understanding of company-wide Salesforce.com usage, capabilities, and limitations
- Up-to-date on Salesforce release notes and able to identify opportunities for new functionality in our org
- Autonomy; requires no management involvement to see projects through; executes solutions without prompting
- Comfortable being viewed as a go-to resource by management
- Able to build out a sprint fulfilling this highest priority/highest impact needs of the business
- Monitor CRM team projects to ensure they meet business needs, have the right team members invovled, and are completed on time
- Has a detailed working knowledge of all team projects and priorities; serves as backup for any teammate
- Act as a mentor to new team members
- Supports management initiatives and builds buy-in among team members
- Actively works to inspire and influence decisions at any level
- Able to rebalance workload based on shifting priorities
- Provide excellent customer service to end users, teammates, and stakeholders
- Able to display critical thinking skills; specifically, be objective, display reason, interpret information, make inferences from data, and apply solid judgement in decision making.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Salesforce.com Certified Administrator
- 2+ years of hands-on Salesforce.com experience is required
- 2+ years of experience within a sales, support, or training environment is a must
- Experience with the Sales Cloud and the Service Cloud is required
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Able to work in a fast paced environment, multi-task, prioritize multiple projects, and be a proactive problem solver.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Salesforce.com Certified Advanced Administrator preferred
- Hands on experience with Lightning preferred
- Experience with Knowledge, CTI, Marketing Cloud, Pardot, and Partner Communities preferred
- Experience with custom integrations, 3rd party tools (installed packages), and vendor projects
- Familiarity with triggers, classes, custom settings, and flow
- Agile and Kanban experience a plus
- Jira and Confluence experience a plus
- College degree preferred.