Cars.com is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated and entrepreneurial product professional to join our Cars.com Santa Monica business unit to advance our commitment to helping new car buyers find the new car that is right for them and learn how to get a great deal. The position presents an opportunity for the ideal candidate to make an immediate business impact and build a long-term career as a product professional in the digital automotive category. This Product Manager position will be in Cars.com’s Chicago, IL or Santa Monica, CA offices.
- Develop a vision and comprehensive product strategy to engage new car in-market shoppers with the websites.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Design and Marketing teams to develop differentiated consumer-facing products.
- Own the user/customer journey throughout the site platforms.
- Support Cars’s NewLeadsPlus product through collaboration with Sales, Support, Product Marketing, and Engineering teams.
- Work with SEO, SEM, engineering, and business development teams to collect and prioritize potential product ideas for the product roadmap; and manage the product backlog.
- Problem-solving: ability to determine the root cause of a problem by collecting and analyzing data/research, able to identify a variety of creative solutions, quickly analyze the feasibility and business impact of these solutions.
- Influential & Drive a Call to Action: ability to build business cases to compel action to solve technical problems.
- User Experience: ability to design web site pages and flows that compel the user to act.
- Project & Time Management: ability to juggle many tasks; able to stay focused on the top priorities; able to keep projects on track by identifying and removing obstacles.
- Written Communication: ability to write highly-detailed, unambiguous and complete functional requirements documents; able to write compelling site content.
- Verbal Communication: ability to lead meetings, convincingly represent ideas and articulate the soundness of the logic behind decisions.
- Auto: knowledge of the automotive industry and an interest in cars is a huge plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; Master's Degree or MBA is a plus.
- 3-4 years of online product management experience (or equivalent) is required.
- Experience with online lead generation companies is preferred.