Cars.com is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated business professional to join our Strategy and Business Development (SBD) team as a Senior Associate. The position will perform critical market analysis, M&A diligence, opportunity identification, and other vital research to help us serve our users and customers better. This candidate will report to the Director of Strategy and Business Development and will have high visibility to internal stakeholders and the senior management team. The position presents an opportunity for the ideal candidate to make an immediate business impact and build a long-term career as a business development professional in the digital automotive category.
- Conduct business performance analysis and financial modeling to evaluate strategic partnership and investment opportunities.
- Evaluate opportunities through interaction with prospective partners and internal stakeholders. Make and implement recommendations through analysis and presentations.
- Analytical projects to solve business problems by applying quantitative analysis and structured thinking to complex problems.
- Conduct industry analysis, research, and market surveys
- Contribute to the team’s knowledge base through the synthesis of new developments and industry networking.
- Financial modeling in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent analytical skills along with a deep understanding of online business models
- Strong time and project management skills
- Solid professional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with BI tools e.g. Business Objects, Web analytics e.g. Omniture, Google Analytics, CRM e.g. Salesforce.com and basic statistical analysis is preferred but not necessary.
- Undergraduate degree and 2-4 years of relevant experience or MBA with 1-2 years of relevant experience in the digital automotive or digital category is preferred. Prior experience in management consulting, investment banking or corporate finance would be considered a plus.