Cars.com has been featured as one of the top places to work in Chicago by The Chicago Tribune, Built in Chicago, Computer World and Chicago Inno, making us the premiere online destination connecting car shoppers to local automotive groups since 1998. We have prided ourselves on being an innovative tour-de-force within the automotive industry by offering top of the line digital media solutions to car shoppers and dealers alike through our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, our comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry.
Proudly standing as one of the largest digital automotive platforms on the market with our recent acquisition of DealerRater, Cars.com have experienced a lot of exciting now growth within our organization. In 2016 and 2017 alone, Cars.com moved into our brand new headquarters located in the South Loop of Chicago’s business district, and spun off into a publicly traded entity on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). We can honestly say there has never been a better time to join the Cars.com family!
Be the point of contact for existing customers, focusing on ongoing customer success, retention, and growth. Sell products and/or services to existing customers. Responsible for maintaining relationships with accounts by visiting customers within assigned territory, defined by geographic area, industry, or product/service segment. Respond to client inquiries and offer guidance on appropriate products and services. Execute sales strategy, pull reports and key information. Provide insight to customers, identify and close upsell opportunities. Demonstrate expertise of retention and sales techniques and company product/service offerings. Ability to travel (driving) at least 75% in an assigned territory to visit prospective customers face to face.
• Excellent planning and solutions selling experience.
• Motivated and comfortable working remotely in a home office as well as from the road/field.
• Ability to conduct in-depth sales presentations including product demonstrations that highlight key benefits, return on investment and the value of our solution and services.
• Proven persuasion and negotiation skills.
• Experience in the automotive space or digital marketplace is ideal.
• Excellent communication, presentation and customer relationship building skills.
• Strong business acumen.
• Proven ability to identify and close sales opportunities.
• 1-3 years of relevant sales experience.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated consistent quota attainment track record with a continuous desire to win.
• Overall experience selling advertising or complex SaaS/software solutions to business leaders.