Cars.com is seeking an experienced Senior Manager of Industry Relations to join the Corporate Communications team. The successful candidate will be a strong storyteller and writer capable of producing work aligned with the company’s strategic priorities. He or she will be an industry champion bringing a deep understanding of the automotive category, digital landscape and related verticals. A critical piece of this role will be the development and ongoing nurturing of relationships with influencers, media, analysts and key stakeholders to broaden awareness of Cars.com’s value and differentiation.
The ideal candidate must have a disruptive mindset and be able to think big picture to bring new, creative ideas to the company while understanding how to shape and communicate stories that drive measurable growth around products, data and corporate priorities. In addition, the candidate must be able to work collaboratively across the organization to drive execution of industry related media and influencer campaigns and events.
- Develop strategy for industry relations program that aligns with corporate priorities and promotes growth for the business
- Own, create and cultivate relationships with relevant media, influencers and analysts to evangelize the value Cars.com and its enterprise of brands to the industry and our partners
- Measure how industry initiatives positively impact the company’s goals and provide value for our partners
- Identify and effectively communicate key research, trends, products and data-driven insights that clearly define Cars.com’s differentiated value within the category and related vertical trades
- Identify and secure relevant thought leadership opportunities for key company spokespeople and create compelling presentations that demonstrates Cars.com’s leadership in the industry and beyond
- Drive alignment with sales, marketing and product teams to maximize awareness of market opportunities and Industry Relations program impact
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications/Public Relations, Journalism, Business or Marketing
- 10+ years in media and industry relations with strong existing relationships within the automotive category with proven success in managing industry relations programs and working with executive leadership teams
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and ability to prioritize work within a complex, fast-paced environment
- Strong storytelling and communication skills, with proven ability to produce engaging, thoughtful and relevant content for press releases and bylines
- Ability to work cross-functionally and align teams to work towards common goals