The Senior Manager, Organizational Development will drive organizational effectiveness by overseeing the assessment, development, implementation, and delivery of all learning and development initiatives. This role will provide OD solutions that link to business needs/strategy that will ultimately develop talent to drive Cars.com growth and a positive culture.
- Establish a learning & development strategy and corresponding learning curriculum for all levels of employees.
- Partner with business leaders, People Business Partners and the Director, People Development to assess organizational and team effectiveness, and provide ongoing developmental feedback to senior leadership.
- Create a scalable needs assessment process to regularly determine needs to deliver relevant and effective programs to grow and retain talent.
- Develop learning objectives(curriculum) and create content to support objectives through challenging assignments, developmental relationships, coursework and training using the 70-20-10 model.
- Implement KPIs to frequently measure program effectiveness and utilization.
- Oversee our employee engagement program to ensure it meets its strategic goals/purpose, address organizational effectiveness and drive employee retention.
- Maintain and augment the performance management program to drive a high performing culture.
- Manage and develop a small team of learning and development professionals.
- Support team with mandatory training programs for purposes of assigning, tracking and reporting (i.e. Code of Ethics, Workplace Harassment).
Skills & Experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Development, Learning and Development, Organizational Behavior or Industrial / Organizational Psychology, Human Resources or related field is required.
- 7+ years of experience with a concentration in organizational development, learning and development in a business/tech environment.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a learning team.
- Experience supporting a partially remote workforce a plus.
- 360 Certified, preferably Voices 360 by KornFerry.
- DISC certified preferred.
- Familiarity with Competency Models and how to apply them into learning curriculum.
- Demonstrated ability to operationalize training best practices.
- Demonstrated expertise in building effective relationships and team building.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, facilitation and professional speaking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to consult.