If you are a seller who loves the excitement of digital media and ad tech and working for an industry leader that is innovating rapidly, you’ve found your next role. The Regional Dealer Association (a.k.a. Tier 2) Senior Account Executive (SAE) position at Cars.com is a critical role that is responsible for representing and supporting Cars.com’s efforts to our regional automotive dealer association advertiser agency, trading desk and advertising client partners. Our SAE’s are expected to grow a multi-million dollar advertising business that includes programmatic, data, direct display, native, social, branded content and other unique services.
As the sales lead on your portfolio of automotive brands at the regional level, you will lead the business growth strategy, execution and own the relationship as the main point of contact for the Dealer Associations and senior leadership at their media agencies, trading desks and other partners. Your auto clients will see you as their trusted consultant who understands their business challenges, provides invaluable insights drawn from Cars.com’s 20 years of invaluable data, and tailors marketing and advertising solutions to help them exceed their business and marketing objectives. Through your thoughtful guidance and direction, you will foster existing relationships and build new ones with senior level auto clients, their agency and trading desk partners.
- Grow revenue from multi-million dollar book of business consisting regional Dealer Associations (T2), their agencies and trading desks.
- Develop and nurture client relationships as well as senior level agency and trading desk relationships. Network horizontally and vertically within clients, agencies and trading desks to identify new growth opportunities
- Be creative in developing new opportunities to sell and service display advertising, data sales, programmatic advertising, social extensions, custom branded content, leads and enterprise services
- Leverage Cars.com’s data to identify and articulate valuable insights for clients
- Match insights and marketing solutions to clients’ unique business needs
- Work with internal support teams to deliver world class sales and customer service to our clients
- Effectively manage contacts, activities and revenue tracking in Salesforce.com to achieve maximum effectiveness
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Proven track record of sales success - achieving and surpassing goals, and managing to a revenue goal
- Familiarity with the auto industry’s many sides (OEM’s, dealer associations, dealer groups, dealers) and competitive environment including knowledge of competitive product offerings.
- Experience selling directly to clients as well as to their ad agencies – especially custom programs requiring creativity and marketing knowledge
- Experience selling ad tech, programmatic, data, audience buying, and working with trading desks and DSPs
- Solid understanding of digital advertising and familiarity with display, native, social and data
- Experience selling into the Dealer Association (Tier 2) markets is a plus.
- Solid understanding of business marketing and advertising goals and strategies and how these affect product and revenue optimization
- Fast-paced, energetic, positive and intellectually curious sales leader that builds relationships to create and dictate client digital marketing strategies. Should also be confident challenging the norms, innovating and building new business
- Understanding of not only digital campaign tracking and campaign performance but also the various forms (and benefits and limitations) of attribution
- Motivated, curious and creative team player who consistently strives to exceed goals and push revenue expectations
- Comfort with CRM sales tools such as Salesforce.com to track all pertinent account information and sales progress as well as forecast and prioritize to achieve quarterly goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to travel as much as needed to get the job done
A Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications, marketing, or a related discipline is preferred, though candidates with relevant experience who hold other degrees will be considered.
10+ years in digital sales, ad tech sales, senior level agency media planning or large ad agency trading desk. Automotive Industry and selling into the Dealer Association (T2) markets is a plus.
Location: Chicago, IL, New York, NY, Los Angeles, CA
Benefits and Company Perks
- Competitive salary + performance based bonuses
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- Ongoing professional development
- Amazing company culture, super cool new Chicago office