Cars.com is seeking an Analytics/BI developer with skills to design and develop dashboard/reporting capabilities. The candidate will collaborate with business users and application teams across the Cars.com organization to build consensus and promote adoption of solutions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving using SQL.
- Knowledge in various reporting objects like Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies, Transformations, filters, prompts, Calculated fields, Sets, Groups, Parameters etc., in Tableau or other data visualization tool.
- Experience in creating different visualizations using Bars, Lines and Pies, Maps, Scatter plots, Gantts, Bubbles, Histograms, Bullets, Heat maps and Highlight tables.
- Proficiency in working with large databases: Oracle, Teradata or Hadoop.
- Experience with data modeling concepts. Experience working with Dimensional Models to include Star and Snowflake schemas.
- Good communication skills and ability to work independently and as a part of the team.
- Build complex queries on large data sets
- Translate business needs into data visualizations
- Collaborate with data platform teams
- Foster self-service analytic environment by providing domain and tool expertise
- Perform root cause analysis on reporting and data issues
- Ability to self-motivate, set goals, prioritizes and meet deadlines
- Ability to partner with internal and external peer groups to design and implement solutions
- Maintain courteous and professional working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Create technical documentation.
- 2-3 years in SQL programming
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI or QlikView
- Ability to work with large databases such as Oracle, Teradata and/or a big data environment
- Solid understanding of Data Warehousing concepts and technologies
- Ability to communicate with internal and external teams both verbally and written
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field.
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Proficiency in Python or R
- Experience with Hive or Impala
- Experience with cloud based technologies like AWS.