Cars.com is seeking an experienced Sr. Associate, Email / CRM Campaigns to plan and optimize personalized, consumer-centric marketing campaigns across email, push, SMS and other channels.
This hands-on role will report to the Sr. Manager of CRM and is responsible for managing the overall campaign calendar and testing cadence with the goal of driving maximum subscriber engagement, retention and value-delivery.
The ideal candidate must have a passion for email and push marketing, gaining consumer understanding and leveraging it to deliver business results. Additionally, you must have a solid understanding of key engagement metrics and how to drive open, click-through and conversion rates improvements in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage the planning process to support the execution of email, push and SMS marketing programs, including newsletter, segmented and triggered campaigns.
- Own the campaign calendar, testing plans, and prioritization.
- Create and continuously optimize campaigns for better engagement: segmentation, messaging and templates.
- Own push notification operations, optimization and strategy.
- Work closely with the Sr. Associate, Email/ CRM Production to ensure flawless execution of email campaigns based on the established campaign calendar.
- Lead development of creative briefs based on the established marketing calendar in conjunction with internal teams.
- Take a lead role in campaign optimization and testing through A/B and multi-variate testing.
- Recommend strategies and methodologies to improve value delivery and consumer retention/growth.
- At least 2-3 years of work experience in email and mobile push marketing.
- Must understand how to utilize email marketing to meet business goals with ability to estimate and communicate impact of programs/initiatives.
- Hands-on experience with developing and optimizing campaign messaging strategies based on consumer segmentation.
- Must be able to leverage data and experience to provide recommendations needed to make smart, fast campaign decisions.
- Experience designing and conducting A/B and multivariate tests.
- Working knowledge of email marketing best practices and CAN-SPAM laws.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS basics.
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud (or a comparable ESP) is strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Highly self-motivated, including the ability to work independently and partner effectively with team members to achieve desired results when required.
- Excellent project management skills with proven ability to handle multiple projects and deliver results.
- Previous lead generation, ecommerce or other relevant digital work experience is preferred.