Cars.com has been featured as one of the top places to work in Chicago by The Chicago Tribune, Built in Chicago, Computer World and Chicago Inno, making us the premiere online destination connecting car shoppers to local automotive groups since 1998. We have prided ourselves on being an innovative tour-de-force within the automotive industry by offering top of the line digital media solutions to car shoppers and dealers alike through our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, our comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry.
Proudly standing as one of the largest digital automotive platforms on the market with our recent acquisition of DealerRater, Cars.com have experienced a lot of exciting now growth within our organization. In 2016 and 2017 alone, Cars.com moved into our brand new headquarters located in the South Loop of Chicago’s business district, and spun off into a publicly traded entity on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). We can honestly say there has never been a better time to join the Cars.comfamily!
The Digital Media Senior Representative is responsible for developing and consulting clients within his/her market. This is a career position for a person who wants to contribute to the long-term success of a high growth and progressive company. Our business-to-business sales representatives are responsible for selling a value-based online advertising solution for automotive clients. This position will focus on growth of existing accounts and prospect for new opportunities, speak with decision makers, analyze their needs, and effectively deliver value-added solutions.
- Develop and aggressively grow sales through prospecting, cold calls and relationship development.
- Cold-call key decision makers and negotiate rates in defined territory.
- Ensure both customers and prospects have a detailed understanding of our products through a consultative selling approach.
- Ensure current customer satisfaction by responding quickly and accurately to problems, concerns or needs.
- Maintain a high level of customer service through training and customer support.
- Develop relationships with dealers and dealer groups. Leverage these relationships to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Proactively market the company to customers and convey the advantages of our services.
- If requested, manage and monitor all contracts, as well as accounts receivables.
- Collaborate with team members, managers and cross-functional departments when necessary.
- Meet revenue and account retention goals.
- Must live in market area while working out of home office and have a valid driver’s license.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Upbeat and positive demeanor
- Flexible and able to adapt to change in a highly dynamic work environment
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: able to adjust style and messaging based on audience
- Excellent listening skills: able to speak with customers to understand their needs
- Excellent relationship building skills both in-person and over the phone and understand the importance of building internal and external networks to increase personal effectiveness
- Deliver high quality work results on time
- Embrace change with creative and innovative solutions
- Adapt quickly to shifting priorities and assists others in doing so
- Commit to continuous self-development
- PC literacy is necessary including MS Office, Excel and Outlook
- Effectively use CRM software (preferably SalesForce.com) to maintain and plan sales pipeline
- College degree preferred
- 3+ years of solid business-to-business sales experience
- Media sales experience preferred but not required
- Familiar with the market and the community’s dealer base, focusing on franchise dealers, preferred but not required