Cars.com is looking for a detail-oriented Analyst to join the Product Analytics team and assist in growing and supporting the mobile apps, products, and advertising clients. This is an exciting opportunity to be an influencer to our organization by providing data and insights at key junctures and uncovering optimization opportunities. The Analyst will play a key role in delivering new reporting and analyses that anticipate the growing needs of the business. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of various reporting and analytics tools, and the ability to tell stories using a variety of data sources and methods. This position involves collaborating with a centralized team of analysts as well as the broader product and tech organization.
This individual will be required to:
- Support at least one internal team or business initiative as a dedicated analyst; participating in pre and post-release analysis, dashboard development, and A/B and/or multivariate testing.
- Produce innovative analyses and insightful narratives about our audience, shopper behavior, advertising products and the online automotive shopping marketplace.
- Create and maintain the daily, weekly and monthly dashboards and deliver them to a wide-range of colleagues, including senior management. This responsibility includes the analysis of each report and requires that the Analyst be able to clearly communicate the key takeaways of each report to a broad audience.
- Analyze data across various sources, both internal and external, using a variety of analytics tools, including Adobe Analytics, Business Objects, Tableau, and SQL.
- Evaluate business initiatives and identify opportunities for optimization.
- Create visually compelling and easy-to-understand analysis deliverables for both internal and external audiences
- Actively participate in cross-functional projects as an analytics subject matter expert and collaborate with other analysts.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
- At least 2 years professional experience as a data analyst (required)
- Digital analytics experience (required)
- College degree (required)
- Mobile apps analytics (preferred)
- Online media or automotive experience/passion (preferred)
- Strong analytics and reporting skills with the ability to derive insights from multiple data sources (required)
- Ability to organize and analyze large, varied sets of data (required)
- Experience with web analytics tools required: Adobe Analytics (preferred), Google Analytics, or Webtrends
- Proficient with MS Office suite, advanced user of Excel (required)
- Experience with Business Intelligence reporting tools (Tableau preferred)
- Experience with advanced analytics and data manipulation tools (SQL, R, Python) (preferred)
- Experience working with Comscore (preferred), Kantar, or EMarketer
- A curious mind with a thirst for discovery, answers, and optimization
- Superior work ethic: self-motivated and organized, with superb time/project management and attention to detail, while keeping focused on deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable presenter
- Creative problem-solving skills, with an ability to anticipate problems and deal with ambiguity.
- Highly adaptable to learning new processes, tools, and interfaces
- Ability to make decisions and stand alone when needed.
- A positive, professional, team player