Cars.com seeks a Senior Pricing Analyst who is motivated to learn and contribute to the team and organization. The Pricing Strategy Team is responsible for pricing new products, optimizing rate cards and assessing future revenue strategies on the local dealer side of the business. The Senior Pricing Analyst will provide strategic pricing recommendations for our Major Account business based on sound analysis and research.
- Provide pricing support, guidance, and opportunity analysis for Major Accounts
- Develop cohesive pricing strategies for Major Account customers that align to business goals
- Work with Finance and Operations to set and implement pricing rules, structures, discounts, etc.
- Partner strategically with Major Account sales team and Major Account support teams (e.g. legal, marketing, sales ops, etc.) to construct analyses/financial models related to contract renewals
- Work closely with Finance on Major Account forecasting and revenue impact
- Provide recommendations and insight on centralized pricing for new major account customers
- Prepare reporting on Major Account pricing and value performance
- Collaborate with team members on numerous pricing projects and analyses
- Update and maintain internal pricing dashboards
- Ad hoc pricing reports and analysis
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and identify key trends and variances
- Strong attention to detail along with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow while meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to approach difficult decisions confidently with the best interest of overall business in mind.
- Ability to partner confidently with sales teams and leadership, using sound business acumen, logic, and analysis to support recommendations.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and work well within a team oriented environment
- Strong written, oral communication, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of value-based pricing strategy, theories and pricing tools a plus
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Familiarity with Business Objects, Omniture, and Tableau a plus
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience (pricing, finance, or marketing)
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred but not required
- Experience working within or partnering closely alongside a Finance team preferred