Cars.com is looking for a passionate, collaborative, forward-thinking Digital Marketing Strategist to join us as we grow and thrive in the next stage of our evolution.
The primary responsibility of the Digital Marketing Strategist will be direct digital display, native, retargeting and video media partner management, including relationship development, campaign optimization/expansion and maintenance. The Digital Marketing Strategist will independently report on, analyze, and optimize campaigns daily to maintain and grow partner portfolio performance.
The ideal candidate must possess a keen understanding of the online space with B2C experience and a strong background in digital media management, preferably at an agency for performance-focused clients. This role will manage both performance-focused and brand-building media campaigns.
- Oversee campaign execution and optimization for Dynamic Retargeting, Display Media, Digital Video, and Affiliate; provide performance reporting to internal stakeholders
- Manage channel budgets and plans to maximize volume while meeting or exceeding efficiency targets
- Drive acquisition growth by actively exploring new partners, targeting, offers, and tools; develop a comprehensive test and learn agenda
- Optimize campaign targeting and partner selection based on data-driven insights
- Collaborate with Operations team on trafficking and tagging to ensure full transparency, scalable processes, and flawless execution
- Connect with creative team to develop assets for all digital executions -- from videos to banners to text that drive performance by improving traffic quality and increasing conversion
- Be proactive in looking for expansion/optimization opportunities including audience development, finite targeting and segmentation for optimal performance.
This role requires someone who thrives on finding ways to constantly improve the programs by looking for new ways to enhance performance.
- An organized individual with great attention to detail and focus on quality of results; experience successfully building processes that streamline cross-functional workflows
- Expertise across media platforms such as Doubleclick Client Manager, Facebook, Google AdWords, etc.
- A history of successfully using digital and site analytics tools (Doubleclick, multi-touch attribution, Google Analytics) to generate marketing recommendations and optimizations
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills. Proven track record of creating and fostering relationships with third party partners to drive successful campaigns
- Ability to learn quickly, iterate based on data, and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and agility to adapt to changing and evolving business objectives
- Proficiency in MS Office - particularly Excel (vlookups and pivot tables are a must) and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of digital marketing experience
- Relevant experience managing performance-focused digital display programs for well-established online brands/websites, performance marketing agency experience a plus
- Experience in driving leads/sales for websites with large inventory/listings
- Hands-on knowledge of best practices in digital marketing and a proven track-record of delivering qualified traffic from both an acquisition and conversion standpoint
- SEO, SEM, programmatic and email marketing experience a plus