At Cars.com, we know our success hinges on attracting and retaining high-performing talent. The Director of Talent Acquisition is a key role responsible for leading Cars.com’s talent acquisition strategy, supporting our company’s rapid growth, and strengthening our recruiting model and programs. The role reports to the Chief People Officer and will partner with the Director of Total Rewards, Director of People Development and the other vital members of the People Xperience Team (PXT) to deliver a best in class experience for prospective and current employees.
This role will additionally partner with senior leaders across the organization to identify talent strategies, leverage recruiting tools (GreenHouse) and implement processes to scale and deliver against hiring needs. You will also be the steward of the employment brand and diversity initiatives at Cars.com, leveraging our thought leadership and talented employees to build relationships with prospective innovators within the Chicago tech industry.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Manage, coach and develop 3-4 recruiters, 2 remote coordinators, and (as needed) vendor staffing support.
- Build upon and implement methods to build passive candidate pipelines and leverage com's employment brand to support its current and future growth.
- Create & implement strategic plans and organizational models that provide a diversified set of talent services designed to scale and drive efficiency for the business and talent acquisition functions.
- Build a strong, credible relationship with senior leaders, hiring managers and critical stakeholders; operate as trusted advisor and subject matter expert hiring for upper-level management roles
- Develop business cases and service requirements, influence and foster trust with stakeholders at all levels while creating and managing strategic partnerships
- Keep abreast of external trends and innovative recruiting and sourcing techniques to foster innovative and competitive recruiting practices
- Create and maintain measurement systems to evaluate effectiveness across all talent acquisition functions.
- Manage end to end recruiting process, utilizing metrics and data to derive insights and make decisions to deliver results.
Skills & Experience Required
- 2-3 years of managing and developing recruiting teams
- 5+ years progressively responsible experience in talent acquisition working at all levels of an organization.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent professional experience preferred
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills including the ability to represent Cars.com effectively to outside organizations and individuals.
- Positive attitude and ability to manage through ambiguity; passion for empowering and developing recruiting talent.
- Passion for creating process and leveraging data to drive measurable results
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver high-quality results.
- Detail orientation