On the heels of moving into our brand-new Chicago headquarters and going public in June 2017, Cars.com (NYSE: CARS) will celebrate its 20th anniversary this year. We have been a cornerstone of the Chicago tech community and a pioneer in the automotive industry for two decades, and we are innovating faster than ever before.
Launched in 1998, Cars.com is a leading two-sided digital marketplace creating meaningful connections between buyers and sellers. We have been featured as one of the Top Workplaces by Chicago Tribune, Top 100 Digital Tech Companies in Chicago by Built In Chicago, Best Places to Work in IT by Computerworld and Top 10 Chicago Companies Where Techies Want to Work by Chicago Inno. We pride ourselves on being an innovative tour-de-force within the automotive industry, offering top-of-the-line digital media solutions to local dealers across the country and OEMs while helping consumers make informed decisions about one of life’s biggest purchases through expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry. Our recent acquisitions of DealerRater and Dealer Inspire have helped us on our mission to transform the car shopping experience.
Cars.com has experienced a lot of exciting new growth, but we’re just getting started. We're looking for an enthusiastic, eager to learn Total Rewards Intern to join our team and make an impact!
- Initiate new hire onboarding tasks and facilitate all related duties
- Compile and process new hire paperwork and employee status changes
- Administer employment verifications
- Prepare routine and ad-hoc reports
- Assist with coordination of events (i.e company sporting events, benefit fairs, & other company events)
- Filing confidential documents and information regarding personnel
- Support functions of Total Rewards team
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Positive attitude and customer service driven
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to prioritize, multi-task and work independently
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Exposure to HR setting with working knowledge of benefits and compensation
- HRIS experience
- Currently pursuing a college degree (human resources, psychology, business administration / management majors preferred)