About our Company:
Cars.com is a leader in the automotive digital marketplace. Since 1997, we have built our B2B and B2C brand to preeminent status in the industry. While enjoying great stability, we continue to grow. Our workforce has more than doubled since 2006, and our revenue has increased more than 150% in that same time. Our highly engaged workforce enjoys our dedication to work/life balance, wellness and career growth, as well as a rich set of employee programs that include training. We’re big enough to provide abundant resources and small enough for employees to make an immediate impact.
About the role:
Cars.com is seeking a Quality Assurance Analyst III to join its growing Technology department and working within a dynamic and fast paced team environment. The analyst will follow Lean development practices and focus on exploratory testing to ensure that the product developed meets the acceptance criteria defined in user stories. The analyst will collaborate with members of product, development, QA, architecture, and analytic on defining and executing manual exploratory tests that support our lean practices.
About the Team:
The analyst will work on the data portfolio and be a part of exciting initiatives that help our organization; consumer and dealer partners achieve mutual goals utilizing our best in class product and technology suite. The analyst will act as a positive agent of change that influences our QA community and impacts company objectives.
- Self-motivated and team oriented
- Able to work in a cross functional team and mentor others as needed
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to deal with ambiguity and find challenges motivating
- Ensure code quality is high, application is healthy.
- Evangelize and support a DevOps culture.
- Take ownership of the role and have a drive for career growth through continuous learning
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems, or equivalent working experience
- 4-8 years of experience with Information Technology software quality assurance
- 2-4 years of experience working in agile methodologies – Lean, scrum, Kanban
- 2-4 years of experience working with tools such as: JIRA, Soap UI or other API testing tools, Virtual Machines, Confluence or other document repositories.
- Strong skills in SQL to create test data and verify test results, running complex database queries.
- Experience with Data management (MDM) tools like STEP and Couch base Data Platform.
- Experience with Python scripting, Python automation using selenium.
- Experience in Linux systems, shell scripting, FTP would be a great plus
- Experience with multi-browser and responsive testing concepts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (Slack, Skype, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of information technology and/or automotive sales industries
- Excellent documentation, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Flexibility with hours – dependent on the project needs
- Ability to work with little or no documentation
- Capable of working on multiple teams / projects in the same time frame
- Ability to analyze/interpret technical data and troubleshooting and reasoning skills
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment while having fun and making a difference contributing to the bottom line, then Cars.com is for you!