Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
Site Reliability Engineers at Cars.com actively ensure the health, resiliency and delivery of the Cars.com site and its properties. We enable our product development team to deliver new code daily through Continuous Integration and Deployment Pipelines. Successful candidates will be passionate about automation, monitoring and AWS while embracing open source solutions and projects.
- Implementation of continuous build, deploy and release processes using integrated tools in the CI/CD pipeline like Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory, etc.
- Provide technical support to development engineers in the area of tool usage and build environments.
- Assist in troubleshooting site-wide production issues
- Automate the configurations needs for our packaged applications
- Automate recurring tasks where possible.
- Familiar with container services
- Familiar with hypervisors
- Expert level in linux
- Logging and monitoring solutions
- Collaborate with the development team on shared objectives.
- Responsible for building solutions over cloud for CI/CD
- On-boarding new technologies with peers from other disciplines
- Minimum experience 2-3 years (5+ preferred)
- Experience working with Continuous Integration and Deployment Tools such as Jenkins or similar
- Configuration management experience with Ansible or similar (Chef, Puppet)
- Understanding of deployment strategies using Docker for containerization
- Strong background in Linux including scripting
- Experience with AWS IaaS/PaaS
- Programming in Bash, Python, Java, or similar
- Experience with Version Control Software (Git preferred)
- Experience with navigating the Release, Risk & Compliance and Change management processes.
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum and Lean)
- Networking fundamentals
- Excellent detail-oriented organizational and communication skills
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies through self-learning
- Must be self-directed and thrive in a fast paced and collaborative culture