Cars.com is seeking an Editorial Intern to work on its Research and News teams.
The intern will have the opportunity to:
- Gain firsthand knowledge of online publishing and consumer-focused journalism
- Be part of a 20-person-plus editorial team for a major national website
- Conduct industry research with an emphasis on new-car product information
- Write, update and build vehicle reports and stories for site sections
- Pitch and write stories for Cars.com's News section
This is a paid, part-time position (20 hours per week) that generally runs from the beginning of June through the end of August.
- Solid PC and software skills, including Microsoft Office (required) and content management system experience (preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to conduct online and phone-based research and interviews
- Interest in online publishing and/or automotive journalism
- Ability to balance multiple tasks
Must be a current student; Journalism, New Media, English or other Communications-related majors preferred.