Cars.com is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated business professional to join our Business Development (BD) team and lead partnerships with online publishers to drive traffic and audience activity for Cars.com Network. This candidate will report to Senior Manager in BD and will have high visibility to partners as well various internal stakeholders (Marketing, Legal, Operations, and Technology teams). It presents a lucrative opportunity for the ideal candidate to make immediate business impact and build a long-term career as a business development professional in online automotive category.
- Evaluate potential traffic distribution partners, negotiate agreements and onboard them to drive incremental traffic to Cars.com. Responsibility includes building strong partnership pipeline, partner selection, negotiation, and partner onboarding process support.
- Work in collaboration with partnership account management team member and internal stakeholders to ensure that partnership terms are adhered to and the contract execution matches plan.
- Conduct analytics by bringing together web metrics and business performance data to evaluate partnership enhancement opportunities and support long-term growth of strategic partnerships.
- Be the primary point of contact for potential partners and deliver superlative experience through clear communication, effective management of expectations, and drive for business results.
- Demonstrate the ability to create and methodically execute process workflows in an efficient manner, while maintaining focus on high priority items.
- Strong customer focus, digital negotiation skills and knowledge of business contracts.
- Must maintain communication with key internal and external stakeholders via phone, email, and/or in-person.
- Proven analytical skills with a structured approach to problem solving.
- Strong networking and relationship building skills to uncover new opportunities and market intelligence.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel.
- Familiarity with BI tools (Business Objects), Web analytics (Omniture), basic statistical analysis is preferred.
- Exposure to CRM (Salesforce.com), LinkedIn, etc. would be beneficial.
- MBA with 1-3 years of relevant professional experience (account management, project management, partnership management or other client facing roles) OR Bachelor’s degree in Business or a quantitative field with 3-8 years of relevant professional experience.
- 1 - 3- years of experience in online automotive category is preferred.