Role Type: Full time - 100% Remote
Expected On-Target Compensation: $100,000 - $130,000, depending on experience.
Location: Strong focus on candidates located in major Florida metropolitan areas. Please note that applicants must be authorized to work within the United States.
Since our launch in June 2020, Cars & Bids has become the premier destination for buying and selling modern enthusiast cars. In that time, we've grown to over 300,000 users, hosted over 10,000 auctions, and sold over $200 million in cars. We are growing fast, attracting new audiences, and further establishing ourselves as the preeminent automotive online auction destination.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for executing against Cars & Bids revenue growth goals. This role will include a particular focus on increasing the number of vehicle submissions & auctions on Cars & Bids en route to managing a team focused on market penetration.
The Business Development Manager will:
- Cultivate existing Cars & Bids seller relationships to facilitate the submission and auction of vehicles on Cars & Bids
- Source, engage, and bring new sellers to Cars & Bids to facilitate the submission and auction of vehicles on Cars & Bids
- Contribute in the testing and development of new revenue growth strategies
- Work cross functionally with Operations to support seller relationships across the entire Cars & Bids ecosystem
- Leverage industry contacts and networking acumen to expand Cars & Bids’ overall footprint
- Represent Cars & Bids at regional industry events, conferences, and meetings
The ideal Business Development Manager will have:
- Prior business development and/or sales experience sourcing, building, and managing external relationships within the automotive industry
- A track record of success in executing against company Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) both as an individual and manager
- Experience using CRM software to organize and manage a sales pipeline
- Business acumen, entrepreneurial sense, and an energetic self-starter attitude
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skill
- Comfort working in-field with external partners to drive results
- Experience working cross functionally to achieve individual and team goals
- Enthusiasm for a "startup" environment within a small, fast-growing business
- A deep passion for the automotive space, particularly cars from the 1980s to present
Through Insperity, Cars & Bids offers a comprehensive benefits package that provides the following benefits:
- Stock Grants for all new hires
- Multiple PPO and HMO Medical Plans to choose from
- Dental and Vision PPO Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan through Pentegra
- Unlimited PTO Plan and 10 Paid Annual Holidays
- Semi-Monthly WFH Stipend
- Free food through Grubhub
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Education Assistance Program
- Employer-paid Basic Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
About Cars & Bids:
Cars & Bids is the best online auction marketplace to buy and sell modern enthusiast cars – that means pretty much anything that's cool from the 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s, or 2020s. Founded by automotive journalist Doug DeMuro and tech entrepreneur Blake Machado, Cars & Bids has enjoyed rapid growth since its launch in June 2020 – hosting over 10,000 auctions, selling over $200 million worth of cars, and reaching well over a million visitors every month. For more information, we encourage you to visit our website at www.carsandbids.com!