Carrot Fertility is the leading global fertility benefits provider for employers and health plans, built to support employees through their lifelong fertility healthcare journey. Companies use Carrot to customize an inclusive fertility benefit that provides employees financial, medical, and emotional support as they pursue parenthood and fertility care, reducing healthcare costs and resulting in better clinical outcomes.
As the Director of Sales Development, you are responsible for the management of overall inbound business development and outbound prospecting pipeline building strategy and execution by leading our Sales Development Managers. You’ll work closely with Marketing and Sales leadership to devise the best tactics to increase demand generation and set weekly and monthly KPIs. This is a highly strategic role where you’re able to have control over business decisions for the most important aspect of Carrot’s inbound and outbound prospecting pipeline build.
- Lead and build a growing and diverse group of SDRs. This will include directly managing and developing a team of SDR Managers, enabling them to effectively coach and grow their management teams and individual contributors.
- Manage the execution of the overall strategy for obtaining more inbound and outbound prospecting pipeline
- Align with marketing and sales leaders and teams to strategically and predictably fill the pipeline with qualified prospects
- Ensure the sales development KPIs are being hit on a weekly and monthly basis by conducting regular assessments of progress regarding weekly and monthly forecasts
- Responsible for coaching and training SDR talent track by monitoring people in line for promotion and enabling others to progress in their career
- Effectively lead managers to exceed their team goals and pipeline
- Work strategically with Marketing to create prospecting and ABM campaigns
- Upgrade current sales techniques or procedures based on team performance
- Achieve pipeline creation at or above stated quota and goals.
- Conduct performance management reviews to ensure direct reports are developing and that goals and expectations are aligned
- Foster a healthy organizational culture and strong learning environment
The SDR organization reports into the VP of Sales Enablement. The SDR team at Carrot is a high-potential team of SDRs who are primarily focused on inbound and outbound activity. They are focused on prospecting, outreach, follow up, and booking meetings all for the purpose of growing the top of the funnel sales pipeline. The SDR team has consistently been the top producer of revenue for the company, and we want to maintain and grow that position within Carrot.
- BS/BA required, degree in Business preferred
- Sales Development Management experience
- Successfully mastered the following skills: Sales Management, aggressive cold/warm calling, and prospecting.
- Excellent presentation and listening skills; ability to communicate effectively with multiple senior management and C-level contacts
- Must be able to thrive and adapt to change in a very fast paced environment
- 5+ years of experience managing and growing lead gen teams
- Strong computer skills, including Salesforce.com or other CRM
- Excellent follow up skills and professionalism
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and motivate a team.
- Management of pipelines, territories, forecasting and processes.
- Experience with coaching and mentoring
Carrot offers a holistic Total Rewards package designed to support our employees in all aspects of their life inside and outside of work, including health and wellness benefits, retirement savings plans, short- and long-term incentives, parental leave, family-forming assistance, and a competitive compensation package. The expected base salary for this position will range from $160,000 - $180,000. Actual compensation, including any applicable bonus or variable component, may vary from posted base salary depending on your confirmed job-related skills and experience.
Founded in 2016, Carrot now supports 400+ companies and is available in more than 120 countries across North America, Asia, Europe, South America, and the Middle East. Carrot has been honored by Fast Company as one of the Most Innovative Companies of 2022, recognized for its commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a gold winner in the inaugural Anthem Awards, and named to Fierce Healthcare's Fierce 15 list highlighting the most promising healthcare companies. Additionally, Carrot is certified as a Great Place to Work and an Age-Friendly Employer.