Carousell is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in 2012, we’ve expanded into 19 major cities with over 100 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we are mission-oriented; we want to build products that make it easy for anyone to sell and inspire them to fill their lives with more meaningful things.
We’re looking for a Corporate Development Director to join us to accelerate growth efforts through partnerships, alliances, investments, and acquisitions. As Corporate Development Director you will lead the Corporate Development and Mergers & Acquisitions functions and also play a critical role in future fundraising to further enhance Carousell’s market leading position.
The role reports into the CFO.
- This is a multi-dimensional role that will require amongst other things, an understanding of the global tech industry landscape and the tech startup ecosystem, understanding Carousell’s growth strategy and accelerating growth through fundraising, M&A, JVs etc.
- Developing views into specific market and technology segments by working closely with relevant startups, customers, partners, and leadership team
- Research potential companies, markets and expertise areas that contributes to inorganic growth through acquisition.
- Facilitating capital strategy, investor pitches, and managing transaction process to closing.
- Lead the deal team to build relationships with targeted companies, create investment thesis and proposal, manage investment diligence, negotiation, approval processes, and integration planning.
- Monitor M&A and industry activities and report highlights to executive team.
- There is considerable variability with the role and a flexible, insightful and well-rounded corporate finance professional with M&A and fundraising experience is critical.
- Thought leadership and influencing capabilities
- Self-starter who has the ability to drive and influence things in unstructured and structured environments working across diverse teams
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in venture capital or investment banking, Corporate Strategy/Consulting in leadership positions. And/or business experience in the tech sector with a strong understanding of the VC/Investments Industry
- Ability to maintain investment banking and sourcing contacts (entrepreneurs, private equity and venture capital funds)
- Demonstrated analytical and financial skills to create complex valuation models and prepare complete valuation analysis incorporating DCF, trading comparables, transaction comparables and alternative valuation methods.
- Excellent knowledge of economic, financial and market research methods and techniques.
- Familiarity with international legal and accounting standards.
- Proficiency in spoken and written Chinese will be a very big plus.