Community is at the heart of Carousell. We are nothing without our diverse and passionate community of users. Our Community team strives to make the Carousell experience a safe, simple, friendly and enriching experience for both buyers and sellers. We do this through amplifying user stories, sharing best practices, gathering feedback for improvement and bringing users together in fun and serendipitous ways.
We are looking for an awesome Community Specialist to join the Carousell team and take our community in Philippines to the next level. This person will be a key member of the Philippines Community Team and take the lead in producing content for our local social media platforms and, curating in-app content, engaging with users regularly and coming up with actionable insights, planning Community meet-ups and events, working with local partners, influencers and bloggers, devising campaign strategy and so much more.
The Philippines Community Specialist will work directly with headquarters to set goals, plan roadmaps and advise on best practises for the Philippines Community Team. The successful candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, has a passion for the Carousell product and is always thinking of bigger and better ways to build and bring communities closer together.
Develop and iterate Community strategy
- Plan the Community Roadmap, marketing plan and come up with actionable strategies to engage our community of users and keep them happy.
- Brainstorm, research and pitch fresh ways for Carousell to spark joy with our community of users regularly.
Create and curate content for social media platforms and in-app
- Take ownership over content creation and curation for all social media channels - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.
- Stay on the pulse of new and trending social media applications to suggest relevant and effective channels for Carousell to delve into next.
- Come up with creative ways to use content to reach Carousell's target audiences.
- Design visuals for social media and run live feeds of Carousell events on our platforms.
- Discover and curate the best Carousellers to feature in-app and on our channels.
- Plan and execute quarterly Community meet-ups together with the Community team.
- Be a key member of the events team in putting together large-scale bazaars, charity events and partnership activities for 1000 people or more.
- Be the point-of-contact when working with venues, logistics companies and manpower for events.
Be the face of the Carousell Community Team
- Provide exemplary support though replying to social media queries and comments.
- Assist users wherever possible and help to funnel community stories to PR.
- Surface community feedback to Product and Engineering teams.
- Be present and attentive to all user queries online and offline.
- A Carousell user and/or familiar with using the Carousell app and its features (include your Carousell username in your application!)
- Passionate about the world of online buying and selling.
- A love for technology and curious about the latest innovations in mobile applications.
- Quick learner who can adapt to a fast-paced and often unpredictable working environment.
- Comfortable with multi-tasking.
- Experience in copywriting, social media management, editorial management (blogging) and event management preferred.
- Creative and comfortable with pitching unconventional ideas to market Carousell to our target demographics.
- Proficient in design and familiar with design software such as Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator / Indesign.
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken)