Our Product team is leading Carousell into the next generation of classifieds, where we aspire to build the best marketplace for anyone to buy and sell online.
As a Product Marketing Manager at Carousell, you will play a vital role in communicating the new product features to our users, and to the various teams across all our global markets. You will own the process of shaping the voice and identity of the changes to Carousell product through positioning, conducting research on competitive and market trends, external communications as well as assisting with feature prioritization.
You will be working closely not only with the Product, but also with Engineering, International, Communications, Marketplace Operations and Marketing teams, acting as an invaluable source of advice and as an essential partner to Product Managers across Carousell.
- Drive awareness, adoption and usage of product features, helping their success
- Create and execute go-to-market plans to launch new features in multiple markets
- Be the voice of the Product team – communicate value and results of the Carousell product to users, stakeholders and business partners
- Own and establish Carousell’s thought leadership in the Product Management field through marketing the team’s Product processes on blogs or similar medium
- Work with Product Designers to craft UX copy that is clear, concise and human
- Augmenting the learnings from previous feature launches and adoption campaigns, research and understand industry, competitive and market trends to influence product strategy and upcoming feature development
- Minimum 2 years relevant working experience in Product Marketing, Product Management or Communication
- Communication skills and experience – you know how to communicate the value of changes in the offering to users of technology products, and you have successfully executed go-to-market communication plans before
- Technology oriented - interested and able to convey clear messages about the importance of technology and its benefits, and being aware of competitor products
- Analytical skills to understand awareness, adoption and usage data – you are able to ask the right questions and use tools available to answer at least some of them
- Understanding of user research role and process – knowing what it can do and what it can’t and being able to facilitate the elements of the process when needed
- Passion for the internet product industry – you are a go-to person to find out why all the Internet users are using this and that
- Experience in different markets which are prone to strong differences in users and business behaviors
- A passion for marketplaces! (bonus)
- An active Carousell account (bonus)
Carousell is a mobile classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012, Carousell began in Singapore and has spread to 19 cities around the world. With over 80 million listings, we are one of the world’s largest and fastest growing marketplaces. Carousell has been ranked as the top Lifestyle and Shopping app in Singapore, Taiwan, and Hong Kong, and is backed by leading international Venture Capitalists Sequoia India, Rakuten Ventures, 500 Startups, Golden Gate Ventures, and QuestVC.