Carousell is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we’ve expanded into 19 major cities with over 100 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we are mission-oriented; we want to build products that make it easy for anyone to sell and inspire them to fill their lives with more meaningful things.
We’re looking for an Head of Business Development to join us to lead up our global business development efforts. As we further our mission to inspire the world to sell, we need to ensure we grow sustainably with healthy revenue streams. This role will lead up revenue strategy in the organisation and be responsible for executing centralised revenue opportunities. If you enjoy strategic problem-solving and revenue growth excites you, read on!
- Overall responsibility for the Carousell revenue strategy
- Responsible for revenue targets for opportunities that are run centrally (versus local sales-driven opportunities in market)
- Develop strategy and playbook for self-serve revenue products, and implement with support from the country marketing teams
- Maximise advertising and data opportunities while keeping the overall mission in mind
- Explore strategic partnerships that may span across countries or involve more than just the marketing and sales functions
- Build and develop an effective business development team
- 8-10 years of business development experience, ideally in consumer tech space
- Ad-tech experience
- Experience driving strategic partnerships that involve multiple functions , including product and engineering
- Strong analytical capabilities - market sizing, forecasting, yield management are second nature to you
- You enjoy developing people and teams. You will be proud not of what you have accomplished, but what your team accomplished under your watch. There's a difference.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; able to articulate a vision, strategy or idea clearly and concisely
- You have proven ability to work at both strategic and tactical level and you're not afraid to dive into details and execute
- Experience working in startup-like environments. Marketplace, classifieds or ecommerce industry experience is a plus.