Carousell is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we’ve expanded into 19 major cities with over 80 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we are mission-oriented; we want to build products that make it easy for anyone to sell and inspire them to fill their lives with more meaningful things.
We’re looking for a Business Operations Director to lead up an internal team that helps our business grow across 7 countries and beyond. This role reports to the VP, International. If you’re a data-driven, creative problem-solver who enjoys building strong teams, read on!
- Help form the company’s strategy and drive annual and quarterly planning with the country teams
- Evaluate and build business cases for new growth opportunities
- Expand the growth playbook for Carousell
- Act as an internal strategy consultant to the country managers and team, working on specific projects to drive business growth (e.g. launching a new category or developing a market positioning strategy)
- Lead up a team of business analysts that support the country business team for reporting, insights and planning
- Supervise the growth marketing team, a team that explores new market opportunities and tests new growth strategies
- 7-10 years experience in strategy or general management
- Strong analytical abilities - proficient in using Excel or similar tools to analyse large datasets
- Experience working with multi-country organisations
- Excellent communication skills . You’re able to deliver complex insights in a concise and simple manner, both in written and verbal form
- Comfortable with delivering impact through influence
- You have proven ability to work at both strategic and tactical level and you're not afraid to dive into details and execute.
- Track record of building strong teams
- Experience working in startup-like environments. Marketplace, ecommerce industry experience is a plus.