Emerging Markets Director
Carousell is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps. Since our launch in May 2012, we’ve expanded into 19 major cities with over 80 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we are mission-oriented; we want to build products that make it easy for anyone to sell and inspire them to fill their lives with more meaningful things.
We’re looking for an Emerging Markets Director to join us and help build our business in our fast growing emerging markets (currently Indonesia and Philippines). If you enjoy strategic problem-solving coupled with fast-paced execution , read on!
- Overall responsibility for the growth targets for emerging markets
- Build strategies to enter new segments and categories in the markets
- Develop the emerging market playbook for Carousell
- Develop annual and quarterly plans, budgets and objectives for the countries in partnership with the team
- Work with cross-functional partners to design and implement comprehensive marketing strategies that will drive topline brand awareness as well as key growth metrics
- Evaluate effectiveness of activities conducted and communicate that back to internal teams to optimize
- Lead the local teams, providing coaching and development to team members to accomplish goals
- Coordinate with support functions as well as product & engineering teams to capture opportunities for the country
- 8-10 years of consumer marketing experience, out of which, 5 years in leading teams.
- Experience running large-scale integrated marketing campaigns with both traditional and digital media in emerging markets
- Solid marketing, digital, CRM knowledge and experience.
- Able to make quick decisions in an ever-changing environment and anticipate future needs
- You enjoy developing people and teams. You will be proud not of what you have accomplished, but what your team accomplished under your watch. There's a difference.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; able to articulate a vision, strategy or idea clearly and concisely
- You are passionate about understanding the consumer well
- You have proven ability to work at both strategic and tactical level and you're not afraid to dive into details and execute
- Experience working in startup-like environments. Marketplace, ecommerce industry experience is a plus.