Marketing Specialist, Malaysia (based in Malaysia)
Carousell is one of the world’s fastest growing mobile classifieds marketplace. Since our launch in August 2012, we’ve expanded into 19 major cities with over 57 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, we believe in doing things that don’t scale - because every interaction on our marketplace can help to inspire others to become more responsible consumers.
Since Carousell’s launch in Malaysia in Dec 2014, more than 2 million items have been sold on our platform, and we continue to see thousands of successful transactions every day.
We’re looking for a Marketing Specialist to be based in Malaysia in joining the team to take responsibility for the growth and development of the Malaysian market.
Content & Community
- Continuously build and strengthen in-depth understanding of various community groups that (or has the potential to) populate the Carousell marketplace. Keep abreast of market developments and changing consumer behaviour as well as formation of new community groups.
- Plan the Community Roadmap and marketing activities to engage various community groups to keep the marketplace vibrant and constantly relevant.
Social Media & In-App Engagement
- Take ownership to drive content creation and curation for social media channels - Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Come up with creative ways to use content to reach Carousell's target audiences.
- Discover and curate the best Carousellers to feature in in-app campaigns and social media channels.
- Take responsibility for assigned categories. Develop plans and use the various channels available to grow the number of users, new listings and transactions in the assigned categories
- Develop marketing campaigns and partnerships to grow the assigned categories
- Keep abreast of industry and competitive developments that affect the assigned categories. Build plans to capture opportunities or defend against threats
Marketing Communication, Advertising & Partnerships
- Contribute in the development of annual and quarterly plans, budgets and objectives for Malaysia; in partnership with the team which includes internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with our partners in Malaysia as well as various stakeholders in Singapore to design and implement comprehensive marketing strategies and tactics that will drive topline brand awareness as well as key growth metrics.
- Evaluate effectiveness of activities conducted and communicate back to internal teams for improvement or optimisation.
- Assist in control and allocation of resources available to meet the targets set.
- Drive creativity and teamwork across both external and internal teams.
- Coordinate with cross-functional partners - digital marketing, customer experience, marketplace quality and product & engineering teams in order to improve and capture opportunities that will enable growth
- Identify partnership opportunities in accordance to various relevance of growth levers and follow-through to completion (ie. research, pitch presentation, negotiation, closing, review and report).
- Experience in marketing, advertising or selling of mass market products or services with reputable media or agency background preferred.
- Familiarity in data extraction, compilation, basic analysis and reporting.
- Familiarity in various online shopping, buying and selling platforms.
- Experience in copywriting, social media management, editorial management (blogging) and event management preferred.
- Excellent command of English and BM (written and spoken) in both formal and conversational/colloquial tone and manner.
- A Carousell user and/or familiar with using the Carousell app and its features.
- A love for technology and curious about the latest innovations in mobile applications.
- Quick learner and a self-starter who can adapt to a fast-paced and often unpredictable working environment.
- Excellent in communication, people relations, problem-solving and decision-making.
- Comfortable with multi-tasking.
- Proficiency in design and familiar with design software such as Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator / Indesign is a plus.