Love buying and selling on Carousell? Then meet the team that handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, website and backend systems in order to deliver the best user experience. Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell. Every month, we organize an engineering day with different topics, ranging from product hackdays to a Swift workshop by the engineering team members to keep our minds sharp.
Ensuring that the user experience stays simple is complicated - and we take pride in our work to keep things that way.
- Build new and key features for the Carousell client platforms by working closely with the product and design teams.
- Analyze and optimize performance and reliability of the mobile and web apps.
- Build high-performance mobile and web applications with technologies such as React Native, React Native Web, Redux, TypeScript/Flow/Reason, Jest, etc.
- Take full ownership of projects from design (collaborate with the design team) to implementation and deployment.
- Familiarity with state management, React lifecycles and Higher-Order Components
- Proven ability to ship beautiful, stable and high-performance web or native mobile applications from start to finish
- Experience with automated testing framework
- Experience working with the iOS or Android SDK is a bonus
- Strong Computer Science background