Carousell is driven by our mission to inspire billions to start selling successfully and consuming more consciously. Our engineering team designs, develops, and delivers the mobile and web applications and applications services which power the Carousel selling and buying experience. Ensuring that experience stays simple is challenging and Carousell engineering, along with Carousell Product, takes this challenge up on a daily basis.
As an Engineering Director at Carousell, you will work closely with our Vice President of Engineering to build a high performance engineering culture focused on quickly delivering customer value while building scalable and maintainable systems.
- Establish and nurture a high performing engineering culture in partnership with Vice President of Engineering and other engineering leaders.
- Implement and evolve patterns, practices, and processes to support effective design, development, and delivery of customer value, in partnership with Vice President of Engineering, other engineering leaders, and Product Leaders.
- Coach and mentor engineering leaders to be more effective leaders of people and teams
- Coach and mentor individual engineers to be more effective individual contributors
- Ensure adherence to established patterns, practices, and processes in areas of immediate responsibility and across engineering
- Contribute to strategic planning in areas of immediate responsibility and across engineering
- Track record of successful product and project delivery
- Demonstrated ability on managing trade-offs and demands of multiple stakeholders
- Experience leading and growing a high performing engineering organization
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a coach and mentor to engineering leaders
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a coach and mentor to individual engineers
- Track record of recruiting, retaining, and growing high performing talent
- Experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- 10+ years experience as a software engineer
- 5+ years experience in an engineering leadership or management role