The International team at Carousell is responsible for growing the Carousell community in markets around the world. The team owns the business targets for the markets and works cross-functionally to meet the goals.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial marketer to join the team to help grow the Taiwan market, one of Carousell's dynamic and fastest-growing markets.
- Own most of the marketing channels and create a holistic marketing strategy with measurable tracking goals and a focus on key metrics such as acquisition, activation, and referral.
- Rapidly plan, execute, optimize and maintain growth programs.
- Hands on experience in three or more of the following marketing tactics: guerilla tactics, ASO, SEO, CRM, email, partnership, influencer, content, social, physical offline events (i.e. flea market, meetup), paid channels.
- Manage social media channels, i.e. Facebook and Instagram, and create content and copywriting on a daily basis to strengthen the user engagement.
- Be responsible for overall growth of key categories with users, listings, transactions, and revenue targets to win the leading position in Taiwan market.
- Document marketing best practices and create resource guides for internal stakeholders to leverage in marketing efforts.
- A Carousell user and/or familiar with using the Carousell app and its features, and shows excitement at the possibility of driving growth by doing things that don’t scale. (Please include your Carousell username in your application!)
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English.
- 2+ years work experience - ideally in startup-like environments. Marketplace, ecommerce industry experience is a plus.
- Candidate must be familiar with the community - what are the trends, what's buzzing, identify upcoming trends that have potential to turn viral, and write content that will resonate with the community
- Understand the Taiwan consumer well, and ideally have access to communities and tastemakers
- Prepared to roll up your sleeves - that means being passionate about dealing with potential issues too and excited to fix them manually, being aware that engineering takes time.
- Quick learner who can adapt to a fast-paced and often unpredictable working environment.
- Comfortable with multi-tasking.