Love buying and selling on Carousell? Then meet the team that handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, website and backend systems in order to deliver the best user experience. Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell. Every month, we organize an engineering day with different topics, ranging from product hackdays to a Swift workshop by the engineering team members to keep our minds sharp.
Ensuring that the user experience stays simple is complicated - and we take pride in our work to keep things that way.
- Be responsible for building relationships with business stakeholders across the Carousell organisation, understand their needs and data requirements and providing relevant data reports, visualisations, analysis and meaningful insights in a timely manner
- Support the various business functions of the company with the maintenance and generation of business management and operational reports
- Be able to spot patterns and trends in our data and propose solutions to respond such trends and insights
- Be able to identify gaps and issues in our data and resolve them, and propose long term solutions to better increase our data integrity from the moment the data is collected, ingested, stored and processed
- Strong familiarity with data frameworks and tools (SQL, R or Excel) and a programming languages such as Python
- Data-driven and passionate about solving problems through data
- Inquisitive and curious to delve deep into data to investigate trends or anomalies
- Detail oriented and be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced team environment
- Visualize and communicate findings and data insights to various stakeholders in a coherent and logical manner
- Keen on data technologies and picking up new skills and tools along the way
- Strong critical thinking and ability to frame issues in a logical manner