Love buying and selling on Carousell? Then meet the team that handcrafts various parts of the mobile applications, website and backend systems in order to deliver the best user experience.
Here at Carousell, our data & engineering teams work on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work with data generated by millions of buyers and sellers & converting them into actionable insights, for both our users and team. You will have the autonomy to lead and explore data science projects to solve key business problems, by working together with a core team of passionate data analysts, scientists and engineers.
Every month, we host a range of meetups and talks on different topics, ranging from product hackdays to a Swift workshop by the engineering team members.
Key features within Carousell include: search, discovery, chat, inbox, selling experience, profile management, payments, review system and many more.
- Work with product teams to understand the experimentation needs and design proper statistical experiments along with analysis and measurement plan
- Evaluate experiment results and validate statistical significance and accuracy of numbers
- Be able to spot patterns and trends in our data and propose solutions to respond such trends and insights
- Be able to identify gaps and issues in our data and resolve them, and propose long term solutions to better increase our data integrity from the moment the data is collected, ingested, stored and processed
- Strong familiarity with common analytics and visualisation tool (SQL, Python, and R) for ad hoc analysis to extract insights
- Experience with multivariate testing and designing, implementing, evaluating statistical experiments to help guide product owners in evaluating the success of their products
- Strong critical thinking and ability to frame issues in a logical manner
- Data-driven and passionate about solving problems through data
- Inquisitive and curious to delve deep into data to investigate trends or anomalies
- Detail oriented and able to work efficiently in a fast-paced team environment
- Able to visualize and communicate findings and data insights to various stakeholders in a coherent and logical manner
- Keen on data technologies and picking up new skills and tools along the way