Carousell is driven by our mission to inspire billions to start selling successfully and consuming more consciously. Our product team leads this by defining the next generation of classifieds, using product vision and hard work to build the best place for anyone to sell online.
We are responsible for the User Experience, which is so much more than the app itself. It begins with you hearing about a great experience your friend had at Carousell, and ends with you becoming a passionate advocate of Carousell. Constantly re-inventing and improving this cycle is an everyday job for everyone in the team.
- Taking ownership of Carousell Product Design system – leading key design language principles and facilitating continuous improvements.
- Refining Product Design work processes and tools across teams to ensure user focus, world-class visual outcomes, and delivering value to our sellers and buyers faster.
- Working closely with the VP of Product to shape and provide direction for the product’s long term Vision.
- Leading and developing Product Design talent by establishing clear development paths and taking people through the journey to their desired career and life goals.
- Attracting the best Product Design people to Carousell by establishing thought leadership in relevant circles and reaching out to the best prospects.
- Experience in consumer app Product Design leadership.
- Leadership skills – you’re able to come up with a vision and execute it while leading people whom you usually have no authority over.
- People development skills – you not only want to improve and upgrade yourself, but help others around you excel as well.
- Good understanding of User Research roles and processes – understanding what certain types of research can and can't do, and being able to facilitate the elements of the processes when needed.
- Obsession in learning how things work – we don’t expect you to be an engineer, but we love a super-user who is curious
- Passion for the industry of consumer internet products – you are the go-to person in figuring out why all the teens are using this and that
- Familiarity with Agile development process and Rapid product development techniques, such as Design sprints, Story mapping and others