Inspiring billions on Planet Earth to start selling successfully and consuming consciously is what drives us at Carousell. Product team is leading this by defining the next-generation of classifieds product vision and working hard to build the best place for anyone to sell online.
We are responsible for the User Experience, where we work on designing and building greater products and experiences for people using research methods. Great experience design requires taking the time to understand the needs and motivations of our target audiences. The whole experience starts when someone hear from a friend about a great experience from he/she had at Carousell, and it ends when you are the one who is passionately telling inspiring stories to others. Constantly re-inventing and improving this cycle is everyday job for everyone in the team. That's why it's crucial for us to understand what users need and want.
- Design and conduct user-centric research and usability testing for Carousell products.
- Work closely with product teams to identify research areas, target user groups, and work on research plans
- Incorporate user-centric thinking from problem statement definition to post-launch iterations.
- Conduct usability research using various medium (eg. online and in-person) to provide suitable recommendations for product/feature improvements.
- Generate insights that both helps with ideation and validating designs
- Delivering clear personas, use cases and other communication aids that successfully communicate ideas to the product and engineering teams. Goal is to help everyone involved understand who they are building for and why.
- Work with product manager and teams across company to test on the success metrics using heuristic methods
- Experience in User Research in a product development context
- Portfolio showcasing solid understanding of good user experience principles
- Hands-on experience in scoping, planning and prioritizing research questions, research planning, data gathering, analysis, summarizing and sharing findings.
- Familiar with combining qualitative and quantitative data in approaching all the problem statements
- Strong attention to detail and passion for challenging oneself to achieve the very best
- Communication skills to explain design decisions and thought process
- Collaborative and self-motivated
- Able to proactively working with multiple teams on concurrent research projects
- Being relentlessly resourceful to get user insights
- An active Carousell account (bonus)